Wednesday 5 December 2012

Day 31: Has it already been a month?

My goodness. Today is my 31st day doing this project. I am 1/12th of the way through! I'm hoping that my art work during this time will become increasingly inspired. While a few of my days have been inspired and have been filled with more work, today was back to the drawing board. Well, drawing and gouache board.


Ultimately, I just really enjoy drawing this way. I find that the art I produce are quite interesting, and they seem really complete, despite their simplicity. The drawings I did today were a bit more historically informed (except for the fox). I drew James Hepburn (4th Earl of Bothwell) and Mac Bethad mac Findlaich (more commonly known as Macbeth, King of Scotland). Admittedly, the drawing of James Hepburn was prompted by learning octinimous (such a great Latin word!). I don't know what inspired me to draw Macbeth. I think it's partially to do with my fascination that he was a real person (I always forget that a lot of Shakespeare's plays were based off of history).

I also wrote on my arm. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment