Monday 3 June 2013

Day 211: Sew much fabric madness


Finally! I bought all of the fabric for the wedding. I bought the fabric for everyone's bow ties, my bridesmaid's dress, and my dress. I found everything, and the colours are perfect. Now I begin the process of making dresses, and bow ties. I'm so excited! I will be making Edwardian style dresses, and they're going to be absolutely bee-yoo-tee-full. Also, my drawing skills will likely be a lot stronger when I'm done.

Also, in other news, I got eight patterns for ninety-nine cents each. They were damaged or old or something. Nothing wrong with them, and hey! I will always buy new patterns for cheap. Such included some waistcoat patterns, Wizard of Oz patterns (for Dorothy's dress, Glinda's dress and hat, and Wicked Witch's dress, cape and hat), some hat patterns, 1940s style clothing patterns, men's overcoat (Sherlock Holmes style), and a few others that I can't recall. Nonetheless... good to have around, and I do want to get better at sewing. I tend to not follow patterns 100%, but do the basics and majority of the important construction. Then I just make my own spin, so that my clothing is always different. I also combine patterns.

Though... I just realized that I didn't buy invisible zippers.

Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment