Tuesday 11 June 2013

Day 219: Mad Hatter!

 
Today I received a marvelous package. There is sat, inside the entry way to my apartment when I arrived home from work. A delightful surprise! My friend who has been in Quebec for the past while (month or two months? An extended period of time) sent me a huge hat box full of vintage hats. They are beautiful! And some of them actually fit me! Which is amazing, as I have a large head. She gifted me with so so so many fantastic hats, and said that if I want, I can rework them, decorate them, or do whatever I like. I have a great many vintage hats, and I'm thinking about hanging them all on a wall. They're such works of art. I just love hats. And hats with netting? Yes, please.


Also, during my lunch, I drew this sketch/doodle. I promised my fiancee that I would draw him something. Just because. He didn't ask me. I just wanted to draw something for him. I've been enjoying utilizing more line work with pen, and drawing girls with weird woodsy-fairy-tale-inspired-wonderment surrounding them. At the moment, I feel like I'm being taunted by The Big Bad Wolf. Everything I've been drawing has whispers of that creature, even if it is not remotely obvious to anyone. But the wolf is there... Lurking in the back of my mind, and sneaking behind the lines of each drawing I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment