Sunday 2 February 2014

Day 73: Trip to the zoo and other adventures


This morning we woke up, and I asked my husband "What would you like to do today?". I felt like leaving the house. We decided to go the Zoo, as we've had memberships for almost a year, and haven't used them since last February. Fortunately, membership expiry dates were extended because of the flood, but we figured that we should go. It was chilly outside, but not too bad, so walking in the zoo was delightful. While we were there, we saw the cougars being really active, I shared a magical moment with a muskox, and I caught a wolf's attention by howling. Also, I made my 8-year-old self very happy by flattening a penny.


It made me smile. It's stamped with a howling wolf, and I got to make it by turning a wheel and watching gears turn through a pane of plexiglass. Such enjoyment! 

It was a nice day. My husband and I don't really go on many dates just by ourselves (usually we're with someone else or a group of people), so today was lovely. Chilly, but welcomed.

After we went to the zoo, we stopped to get a couple of groceries, and then we decided that today was the day to get more mice. 


Meet the two newest members to our mouse family, Shredder and Belle. These will be the last mice that I get, mostly because the introduction period is one of the most complicated and uncertain things I've ever done. They're doing okay, but because Shredder and Belle are a lot younger, they're half the size of Whiskey and Winchester. It's so strange. They're lovely, but this is such a weird process. So far they seem to be a little more socialized than Whiskey, Winchester and Gin were. I've already held Shredder and she was perfectly fine. So... that's promising. Shredder has really long fur and long tufts of grey fur behind her ears, and Belle has a white mark on her head and a long white stripe down her belly. They're adorable! And so tiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment