Monday 10 February 2014

Day 80: Fauns


About an hour before going to a film showing (The Time Machine), I decided that I wanted to make and wear horns. This meant making a quick run to Michael's, but that was worth it. I've been super into horns recently. I think that they're a really cool addition to costumes. I found that they were pretty easy to make, and I'm planning to make a few sets for the Comic Expo. I'm expanding my horizons, and that includes making things that can be worn any time of year, are a bit more subtle, and so on. I'm planning/hoping to learn how to cast with resin, in order to make horns and other smaller things. That way, it'll be a lot harder to break, and a lot lighter. It's just a matter of learning how to make the mold, and what resin to use.

Until then... Here are the horns that I made, in action.


Side note- this was one of my favourite steampunk outfits that I've made. It was kind of Civil War-era outfit, mixed with a faun. Fantasy and history! Both delightful things. The event was really fun. It was at Endeavor Arts, and it was part of their monthly film showings. Because The Time Machine is fairly steampunk, they made it into even more a steampunk event. Something to spark a bit of interest in the steampunk community. It was good fun. The steampunk musical duo Hazel Grey played, they had a mini Maker Faire with lots of steampunk artisans, Melissa the Steampunk Lady came down to be one of the MC's (it was so lovely to see her. She's such a stunningly beautiful person, inside and out), and steampunk author G.D. Falksen talked to us via Skype (which was cool. He's a very intelligent person). It was a good time, and I do love seeing my favourite people. 

Not to mention that dressing up is just fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment