Saturday 1 February 2014

Day 72: Commercials and Nightmares

This morning was delightful. We did some acting for a friend of ours, Blaise. He was filming a fake commercial for his animated show Dorriss Doom. Originally, I was going to be doing some voices for it... but my first recordings were unusable, and then when we tried to re-record them I had the worst anxiety and couldn't muster the ability to do any recording. Then he asked us to be in one of the fake ads. Much agreement was had, so this morning we showed up dress like we were from the 1950s, and away we filmed. It was good fun, as it always is to work with Blaise. We hung out for a while, and then headed off to gather food and pick up a few things, before returning home to clean.

While we were out, I found a new houseplant. A coral cactus!


Coral cactuses are very pretty. I've become a bigger fan of cactuses. I've always liked cacti, and I find them a lot easier to take care of. I also just think that they're really lovely. Sure, you can't touch them, but that's a good life lesson, isn't it?


Also, mail day! I finally received my order from Choies.com. At the beginning of January (or was it the end of December? Eh, whatever. Shipping was free if you accepted that it take around 3-4 weeks), I had ordered their Nine Lives Club t-shirt, and their 'Cross my heart' sunglasses. I have already lopped off the sleeves and neck of the t-shirt. I'm going to wash it before I wear it, mostly because it smelled a little dusty (which might have to do with how it was shipped). It wasn't quite as soft as I thought it'd be, but I just really like the print. Before purchasing, I looked up Nine Lives Club, and found that it is a musical club/bar where a lot of famous bands played, including Led Zeppelin. I was drawn to the design because it made me think of the Death Card (ace of spades), and... well, I like everything about it. I'm thinking about taking some sandpaper to it to try to wear it out a little bit.

I'm delighted with how well the sunglasses were shipped; one slip case made of soft fabric, tucked inside a larger plastic case. I can't wait to wear them. They're simply perfect, and I really do love the text on it. Cross my heart, hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye. Wonderful!

Almost forgot! This evening we had some friends over to watch cult movies on VHS. We ate pizza, and played a VHS horror board game called Nightmares (or just Nightmare?). It was so much fun. Our nerves got a definite work out. The VHS portion features a guy who yells at you and calls you maggots. Good fun. After, we watched a movie called The Stuff, which was surprisingly awesome. Definitely a good, weird, horror-type movie. Now... to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment