Saturday 8 February 2014

Day 78 & 79: Newton's First Law

I've been thinking about physics. And how we all obey the laws of physics, even beyond what we define as physics. Particularly, Newton's Laws of Motion. The first law of motion is particularly true... at least, I'm finding that.

"An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called 'the law of inertia'." (Taken from a website for teachers. Or students. Not sure which.)

Anyways, have you ever found this law applies to mentality, and work ethic? If you stop doing, you never start doing again. If you keep moving forward in a productive action, you don't stop. Amazing, really. 

I'm finding that the weekend has put me in an "object at rest" state of mind. I've been finding it difficult to get to work. I get little bits done, but ultimately I don't feel like I have a lot of energy. I'm thinking that I should start drinking almond milk, or taking just taking straight vitamin B12. I've heard that it really does help with energy, and that's what I need. Otherwise I just feel tired. Maybe it's the cold? I'm also thinking that we need a space heater. It gets so very, very cold in our living room, and it makes it impossible to work. Lately it's been a really dry cold, and it's causing my hands to crack and bleed. (Ugh. That time of year.) While, yes, I can put on dozens of sweaters, that doesn't warm my hands, and I kind of need my hands to work. It'd be so much easier if the space was warm. Even just a tad warmer. Any who... Makes it hard to work.

Now, to what I have been doing.


I've been working on my steampunk Red Riding Hood costume, along with several furry items for the Comic Expo. I cut out several fur pieces for hoods, and have started making some different ear headbands. Wolf/fox/cat and some goat ears (with horns!). I didn't have many ear headbands last year, and I suppose that I ought to. At least a few sets! 

As of yet, I don't have any photos of the Red Riding Hood costume. It's going to be awesome, though! I'm so very, very, pleased with how the skirt is going. Don't you love it when things turn out better than how they were in your head?

Now, back to work. At least some drawing. I'm planning to do lots of sewing tomorrow, when my husband is away at a flea market. At the moment I'm watching a "found footage" film called Gacy House. It's about a group of ghost hunters investigating the abandoned house of John Wayne Gacy, who was a serial killer. The very essence of the film creeps me out already. Mostly because John Wayne Gacy was.... well... terrifying. Creepy. Disturbed. Other adjectives that can describe a serial murderer who dressed up as a clown, and lured, molested, and murdered young boys. Ugh... I'm watching this after finally watching Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I actually adored it. I'm pretty sure that it was just a straight up biopic. He probably did kill vampires. Now I'm watching something that is a bit more disturbing... or could be. I'm getting bad vibes off of it... and now I don't want to move from the couch. I haven't watched horror movies for quite a while, and it's probably not a good idea. Last night I have a terrible nightmare. I woke up rather bothered. It was an apocalypse based dream, and it started off as playing a weird video game, but then I entered into the game, and I was a character that looked kind of like Misty Day from American Horror Story: Coven. I was inside the "game", and I was running from the chaos of the apocalypse. I found a black horse (actually several black horses), and rode it for a while. There was this farm house, and it seemed to be abandoned, so I thought I'd gather supplies. I wasn't alone. There was this man, dressed all in black, who was acting strangely. I knew that I wasn't safe. I tried to escape, and I think I almost did... but I lost the horse. All of the horses were dead. I don't know how I knew that, but I could feel it. There was a lot of darkness in the dream, and I woke up nervous, a bit out of breath, and scared. And... after that I'm choosing to watch a scary movie. As if it's bad enough that I feel nervous at a certain time of the day when I'm alone. Regardless of what I'm doing, I always feel nervous between 8 and 9 PM. More so if I'm alone. 

Wow. I've gone on a rambling story time... a story time about absolutely nothing. I think I just needed to write... I hope you enjoyed it.... If you can enjoy reading about my strange dreams and my wondering whether or not it's really a good idea for me to be watching scary movies. 

Here's a photo of Whiskey.


Isn't she cute? 

No comments:

Post a Comment