Sunday 16 February 2014

Day 87: Sailor Jerry & Zine Madness

 

I was feeling some Sailor Jerry love. This meant that after I baked a cake, I decorated it with a poorly remembered Sailor Jerry quote. It's supposed to be 'Stewed, Screwed, and Tattooed'. However, I didn't bother looking it up, and thus... 'Screwed, Boozed and Tattooed' ended up in icing on a chocolate cake. Mmm delicious Sailor Jerry cake. In order to find a good recipe for moist chocolate cake, I simply typed in 'chocolate cake moist' and the first result was really good. Ah, the power of the internet. 

In other news...

Last night I drew this.


A friend of my husband's said that I should draw a pug in a greaser Ponyboy style. Why? Because a group of pugs is called a grumble. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. 

Today, I worked on a lot of drawing. On one hand, I worked on one of my zines for the Calgary Comic Expo. 


So far so good. I'll be doing two versions. One is the straight up text and drawing version. The other is going to be an activity book version. Which won't provide that much information, but it'll be fun. Anyone who completes it and posts it to Facebook will receive a drawing from me, if they so choose. It'll be something that I offer to them. Because I'd love to see people's creativity that was spurred by my creativity. 

In other news, Alternative Ponies!


I've been watching a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's been inspiring me to draw alternative versions of ponies. So far I have done this one, which is kind of a Death pony, I guess? I'm not perfectly happy with it... I'll probably do a little bit of tweaking on it. Turns out that a friend of mine who is also going to have his art at the Expo is thinking about selling alternative ponies. When he saw that I was doing the same thing, we had a mini Facebook battle to the death, using characters from Star Trek: TNG and My Little Pony. We ended up calling a truce. I suppose that we will have to wait until the Expo to see who the true victor will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment