Wednesday 26 February 2014

Day 97: Mice & Mouse-staches

Yesterday, I posted about giving my mice corset pieces to chew on. When I posted it on Facebook, a friend of mine initially thought that I gave my mice literal corsets. Y'know, like little mouse sized corsets. I decided to draw it.


I'm really quite pleased with these. In reality, I would never put corsets on mice. One, they'd squirm, bite, and I don't think they'd enjoy it at all. Second, it just seems ill-advised. The idea, however. The idea enchants me, and I enjoyed drawing them. My favourite is the black one, mostly because I'm pleased with the fur. Both are done with ink and water colour pencil crayons, and water colour. 

In other news, yesterday I was holding Shredder. 

This indistinguishable blur is Shredder.


She inspired me to draw this.


Why? When I was holding her and giving her air kisses, I started to think of the fact that a mouse would make a very soft, robust mustache. Which led to me thinking... 

"MOUSE-STACHE! BAHAHA!"

And thus, the lovely illustration of an upright gentleman with a mouse for a mustache was born. 

All of the small drawings I've been making will be available for sale as originals and/or prints at the Comic Expo. I haven't quite decided. Whatever the case, people will be able to take them as their own somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment