Sunday 23 February 2014

Day 94: Wreck This Journal

Adventuring in the city and running errands today. We picked up some vitamins, went to a couple of thrift stores, and I picked up some makeup things that I needed for my mermaid costume. It was supposed to be really cold, but it was actually quite nice out. I found a few cool things at thrift stores. That includes a fantastic foot stool/ottoman thing for $5, an old brass box with a label on the top that says 'THEE' on the top, a really really really long velvet trench coat that makes me think of a vampire (and unless I'm wearing 4 inch heels it will drag on the floor. It's quite exciting, and will be so nice to have for when I'm dressed in steampunk clothing), a gold-coloured anchor necklace, and a long velvet skirt. Good things all around. After that, I got some sparkly makeup, and a copy of Wreck This Journal. I've been wanting a copy for a while. A think a lot of the desire for it stems from the fact that I've been creatively stuck a lot, and while being sick I've been wanting things to do. 


I've already done a few pages, and so far it's absolutely delightful. The creator of the book, Keri Smith, has done several books similar to this, and I'd love to own all of them. They're like activity books for adults. Interestingly enough, the books are in the Self Help section at Chapters. I can kind of see why. It's quite cathartic to do the activities. It's destructive, but also meditative. Personally, I'm not doing the book in any order. I've been using random.org to determine what page to do. Here are the pages I've done so far...

Before you look, though, some notes. 1) The test page was filled in using an entire pencil case of pencils, pencils, and pencil crayons. 2) The page for four letter words does have some curse words and inappropriate words. They are four letter words, and I honestly used any words that I could think of. Just an FYI. I don't condone the use of foul language, but... yeah.

 
 

It's quite fun. I also ripped out a page. As per instructions. Thus the crumpled paper that's in a lot of the photos. 

Also, I painted my nails. I used my normal black nail polish, and then added the nail polish that I got from Ardene's today. It's kind of an iridescent purple, with sparkles. I used it by itself on my ring finger, and then used it as a top coat on my pinkie and thumb. On the black it makes me think of Ursula from The Little Mermaid or a dark unicorn... Or just an oil slick.  I like it. I used to never paint my nails, but I've been really into black nail polish recently. Except on my ring finger. I'm a fan of painting it a different colour altogether. 

No comments:

Post a Comment