Friday 31 January 2014

Day 71: Children shouldn't play with fire

Finally. I got lots done today. Which is good. 


I sewed the front panels of four corsets. They won't be real corsets, but I'm planning to have them all together, either nailed to a wall (like specimens), or stiffened and suspended in a torso shape. We'll see. 

The corsets are going to be destructed in various ways, or speak of destruction in some way. The first one (that I worked on today) that I worked on today was burned with a lighter. I'm going to burn it a bit more, but for now, this is how it looks.

 

It was a fun activity. Who doesn't love to set fire to things? I do. As far as destruction of the objects goes, I might try to do one for each element, or something of the sort. Fire, water, earth, and air. Could be interesting, but we'll see. I'm working fairly intuitively, just to make sure that I make. And, as you can see, that means setting fire to something! We'll see what comes next.

Also, here is a cleaned up version of my Haxan design.


I'll be doing a few things with this. Details to follow! (Probably on my Grimm Fabrications blog). 

No comments:

Post a Comment