Thursday 16 January 2014

Day 55 & 56: Headaches

Yesterday. Ugh. Yesterday. I had the worst headache for the entire day. I blame the weather. I ended up going to bed at 4:30 in tears. Needless to say, I didn't do anything, other than be in pain, be brain dead, and go to sleep. Though I did go out for lunch with some friends, and that was nice. Food and water helped my head... for a little while.

Anyways, onwards and forwards. Today my headache was gone (mostly- just a tiny tinge when I woke up after sleeping for a solid 9.5 hours... plus a 2.5 hour nap before my husband got home). After eating breakfast (cherries, tea, and bacon!), playing Skyrim, and doing laundry, I commenced a day of continuing to organize studio (it's getting so close to being fully organized!). Once I had done my fill of sorting jewelry supplies, I moved on to sewing shirts.


I managed to make three out two meters of jersey. It's a nice light jersey, which will be sandpapered to wear out, and make it look grungy, torn, and just really rough. Also, super soft. These three shirts will be screen printed. They all fit a loose small/medium (40" across chest, waist, and hips; 25" long). Each series of t-shirts (I guess that they'd technically be tank tops) will be a limited run of 10-30 shirts. I'm going to try to do 10 of each size (small, medium, large), but some might have less shirts, and will just be in "small" (or whatever the size of shirt that I made today would be). Details to follow.


Right now my husband and I are watching Clerks. It's such an odd movie; makes me think of Coffee & Cigarettes. During this time, I've been doodling some designs and things that might end up being t-shirt designs. We will see, though! 

We were talking the other idea, and I realized that my art school career has gone full circle. When I was first thinking of applying to art school (back in grade 11 or so), I was thinking that all I wanted to do was design t-shirts. I made designed a shirt for a band from Regina. Now that I'm close to graduating from said art school, I am designing t-shirts. The only difference is that I have higher standards of fabric, and I've moved on to sewing the shirts. I'm also wearing out the shirts with sand paper to make them soft and look decrepit. Why? Because that's how I like my shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment