Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 42: Jewellery by Grimm Fabrications

Soon, I will be formulating actual collections. I have the greatest plans to make an actual website, and create a Grimm Fabrications blog within a website with a domain. So many plans. *excited phalanges* After a winter of hibernation, I am slowly getting back into the groove of making things, designing, thinking, and it feels good. I can't wait to get back into an actual schedule. I'm going to be strict with myself. Today I started Apartment Therapy's January Cure. For me, it's not going to be Apartment Therapy so much as Studio Therapy. I'm going to get my studio in gear, and thus getting myself in gear. I will be doing some stuff for our home, because it's good (and I want to get in more of a routine concerning our home). I'm looking forward to it. I think that starting off the semester with full gear in exercise, cleanliness, and hard work, will make for less stress when April hits. 

Now, without further ado (and getting back to why I brought up formulating collections)...


I've been inspired by witchcraft, and classic paintings. Really gritty, strong, dark, things. I'm planning to get some fabrics made to make simple blouses/tank tops, that are loose fitting but still have classic images (dark paintings and wood cuts. That kind of thing). I've decided that I ought to make jewellery and clothing that I would want to buy and wear. Which makes sense... After all, that's why I started making hoods. 

The jewellery that I made today is a step in that direction. It's also a step towards genuinely creating collections, which will be released based on seasons and what's in style at that time. The names of the jewellery pieces shown are.... Gatekeeper (joint earrings), Pythoness, Soothsayer, and Vixen

I also determined what Hogwarts house I am. Every time I've mentioned that I think I'm Hufflepuff, people go 'No, you'd be Ravenclaw!' Ravenclaw would be cool, and fine, and it's definitely my second choice. But for some reason my desire and belief that I'm Hufflepuff is completely insane. Which... I don't think is the case. Today I read an article about the politics around Hogwarts houses, and how houses like Hufflepuff and Slytherin are the least desirable. Not sure why. Any ways, this prompted me to take an online quiz and... 

Ta-da! Hufflepuff.


To be fair, I am six points away from being Ravenclaw. But I'm actually delighted to prove (in some way) that I am Hufflepuff. Loyal, hardworking, dependable. I'd say that that describes me. Boo-yeah.

Excuse me while I shed tears for my nerdiness. Not a bad thing. I nerd out way more over other things. But recently, Harry Potter, man.

2 comments:

  1. I started Apartment Therapy too. What kind of flowers are you getting? I am still working on Day one listing my projects, and in order to get my floor cleaned I have to take down the tree. So, the flower part is easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to clean floors tomorrow. Today I got some yellow alstromeria, I think they are? Can't quite remember, but that sounds about right. They're quite pretty. It's nice to have fresh lovely flowers in the home! Definitely an easy project.

      Delete