Wednesday 8 January 2014

Day 48...?: Materials!

Guess what, friends! Today my order from Fabric Empire came! Three colours of faux fur, including two yards of beautiful silky black. I'm so excited to get started on more hoods. Particularly all the new collections that I'm planning! Now, onto the past three days (including today).

Monday. First day back. Successful. I'll be able to work on Grimm Fabrications stuff for my Directed Studio class. In the evening, we went to my Aunt and Uncle's. It was my Uncle's birthday, so we had a lovely home cooked meal, and then we played Trivial Pursuit. It went late, as trivia based board games often do. On the way home, we got lost (why does Sarcee Trail have a giant chunk missing out of the middle? Shouldn't the two parts have different names or something?), but we managed to navigate our way home almost flawlessly. Go us.



Tuesday. Second day of school. High anxiety from first day of school. It was fine, though. My instructor for my "FINA" (I don't know what that means. Don't ask me.) class looks like a super hero in his secret identity. We watched a documentary on Ai WeiWei, which was good, but I kept falling asleep. In the evening, we picked up one of our very lovely friends, and we went to Steam-Up. 

 

Horrible photos of my outfit... but it was vaguely inspired by post-apocalypse and Mori girl. And now you know what my reflection looks like. You're welcome.

Today. Class was good. Still really tired. Don't worry, I will be getting more sleep from now on. I can't survive on this little sleep, and I know it. I bought some art supplies to make some jewellery that I wanted to make for the Comic Expo, and I started doing some drafting for a new pattern.


Lots to do. No time to waste. Tomorrow is one of my days off, and I'm looking forward to getting work done, and making supper. 

Oh, also, this is what I look like when I'm trying to break white light into the colour spectrum. Y'know. When I'm being a prism.

No comments:

Post a Comment