Thursday 9 January 2014

Day 49: Quinoa

Today was my first Thursday of this semester. A day to get work done, be productive, and do some house work. I was less productive that I intended. I slept in for two hours (got out of bed at 10:01), which was okay because I was just so very tired. Not to mention the fact that the bed was just so comfy. Still, I did get some projects started, and I got back on track with planning meals. I'm particularly proud of what I made for supper.


The meal consisted of quinoa (cooked in water that was boiled with chicken bouillon and a clove of garlic); Stuffed red peppers (rubbed with olive oil, seasoned with smoked salt, and lemon pepper. Stuffed with Fine Herb flavour goat cheese, and sprinkled with fresh thyme); Mushrooms cooked in the same pan as the peppers (thus, also seasoned with olive oil, smoked salt, and lemon pepper); Fresh chapati (made with milk, so they were nice and soft). I do enjoy cooking. Especially when it's new and interesting things. When I'm home alone, singing along to my favourite music, and cooking up a storm in the kitchen, I feel so happy, and personally satisfied. That is a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment