Wednesday 22 January 2014

Day 62: Magic

I posted an image on my Grimm Fabrications blog of some fabric that I printed, and was pondering over. I wanted to make something. I posted it to my personal Facebook as well. I never really expect anything to come out of it. I post photos of my work all the time, but very seldom does anything come out of it, other than some likes and maybe a comment this evening. 

This evening... Such excitement, such joy. A friend of mine, who is also a huge inspiration, saw the photo and got really, really, excited. Who knew that one of my friends is obsessed with Seraphs? Not I! Now I have been commissioned to make an infinity scarf out of the beautiful fabric. I couldn't have asked for a better thing to make, nor a better person to make something for. I'm so unbearably excited, and honored. Not to mention how good it feels when someone you look up to posts a status like this.



It makes me want to make, and keep making, and never stop making. It pumps the blood through my veins.

Today was one of the brightest days that I've had in what feels like ages. Positive run ins with friends, such joy, a bizarre number of kind compliments, and so many people just made me feel good about myself. Thank you everyone who spoke to me today. Every single one of you made me feel more like myself, and happy, and loved. I felt so complete today, and so ready to make things, and just... do. 

It's pure magic. 

Today I spent most of the day applying for shows and grants and stuff... Or at least preparing my submission information for those. Which was interesting. We'll see where that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment