Saturday 25 January 2014

Day 65: Skirts and scotch

Happy Robbie Burns day, everyone! It's almost over, but in case you haven't, you best go and get yourself some scotch. I'm having mine as I type this. I was at work, and one of the events was a Robbie Burns supper and scotch tasting. All the bagpipes and men in kilts put me in the Scot spirit. Now I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed, but instead I'll probably fall asleep watching Dredd (as in Judge Dredd). 

This morning I woke up feeling lost and disconnected. Dreams led me to feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and without myself. I hate when I feel that way. As a response, I got out of bed, washed up, finished sewing part of a gown, and then ate a wonderful 12:30 PM breakfast that my husband made (omelettes with lots of stuff in it, juice, and dragon fruit). I also played a lot of Skyrim. I needed escapism, and nothing works better than Skyrim

Here's the skirt part of the Elven Aristocrat/Mage/Priestess gown that I'm making. I'm going to make the bodice on Monday. It consists of this stiff-ish silk-looking fabric, and cotton turban cloth. 

 

When I think of elves, I think of something that is simultaneously structured and ethereal. When the gown is done, it will consist of an empire-waist skirt with a structured bodice, and flow-y soft sleeve things. The sleeve things will match the turban cloth inserts on the skirt. Structure and softness. I think that it will be rather effective. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm? Scotch one night and then feeling out of sorts the next morning. Could there be a connection. I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up feeling out of sorts, went to work, and had scotch that evening. Feeling out of sorts was prior.

      Delete