Tuesday 14 January 2014

Day 54: Hilarious homonyms and trials of cleanliness

The title of this blog ultimately has nothing to do with this blog, but I have to mumble about how it bothers me when someone corrects you on Facebook, on someone else's thread, and then it turns into a whole big thing because you know you're right. I posted on a friend's status "Live fast and try dyeing". Someone commented "Dying**", and then... Well, y'know. And apparently this person thought that dying and dyeing were spelled the same. Thus, the fibre joke kind of ruined (Note, I did steal the quote off of a t-shirt I saw online, but it's seriously awesome). Ah well. Just... weird, y'know? I mean, can you imagine the gruesome confusion that would occur if it was spelled the same? I mean, as homonyms alone it's ridiculous. "Kay, I'm going to go dye now"; everyone else hears "Kay, I'm going to go die now". Heh. Funny. Oh, the jocularity! Good ol' homonyms. No wonder in Britain they are determined to have every word spelled differently

Any ways. What I did today.


I've been reorganizing my home studio, and our house in general. I reorganized it so that our living room has lots of open space, and I've been opening up my studio a bit. I wanted to make it cleaner, more organized, and thin out my art supplies. I am down to three (so close to two...) boxes of fabric. Anything less than a certain size, and it's going to the thrift store. Getting rid of lots of things. Which is good. I want to make sure that my work space is a healthy environment for me, and that I don't get overwhelmed by having so many boxes and piles of stuff. I'm so close to being done. I needed to take a break, though. I worked on reorganizing and cleaning for at least three solid hours.

During that time, I cleaned labels off of some bottles I had, so that I could use them as storage (for smaller things). When I was walking back, I had a moment where I had to reenact a scene from Warriors.


For those of you who have not seen the film, here's the clip.


Regardless of what people might say, it's a good film. I quite enjoyed it.

That was a brief break during my tidy frenzy. Then, I went to Fabricland, and found some nice light white jersey. Excited! I also went to Home Outfitters. We still have lots of gift card credit, and I needed a heating pad, so my husband said that I could use some of the credit to get one. I found a hot water bottle. At the same time, I got a French press (my husband likes his morning coffee), and this cool tin that was on sale for $6 (from $20), that was similar to some that I had my eye on when we were registering, and it's now a tin for spices and stuff in our kitchen.

Also... bought some music.


Heck yes. Now I can listen to Lana Del Rey in the car. Bountiful beauty that is the sound waves in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment