Friday 3 January 2014

Day 43: January Cure and Mer-Me

Lots of adventuring today. Lots of getting lost. Which was okay, but man. We keep getting lost recently. Which is embarrassing. Ah well. I think that we need a compass and a map. Any ways, regardless of our poor navigational skills, I got some things for the January Cure. Along with just a couple things for other projects. Now, let's start from the beginning.

This morning, I decided that I wanted to be a mermaid, so I did mermaid makeup. 



I used green cream eyeshadow (from Lush. Not sure how much it costed, because it was a gift. I like using it because it's such a glorious swampy-wicked witch-Tinkerbell green), silver eyeliner (from Ardene's, $5 or so?), glitter eyeliner (Fantasy Eyes... I think that's the brand? It's available at Hallowe'en time, and I stock up like crazy), and a little bit of black felt tip eyeliner (Revlon).  Drawing scales on my face was fun. Starting to think of lots of ideas for my mermaid makeup for when my costume is fini.

Which brings us to item number two. Went to Fabricland, and bought some supplies for my mermaid costume. Eee! So excited. I didn't take photos of that haul, but I bought some tulle (sea foam and white), some ribbon (sea foam/mint blue/type colour, and a green. The green should match the green in the wig that I ordered), some white satin (remnant), and some silk thread (now I can sew the silk that I printed!). I'm excited to get working. it should be fun.

Today we went to MCC Thrift Store (great thrift store, and the money from sales actually go to good things, as they should). I found a couple of things, including a small set of drawers. I had decided that I wanted drawers that aren't clear, so that when I'm not working, everything looks organized, and I can't see anything. I found a cool little set of drawers. Two drawers, and I will fit nicely under my work table. Having less drawers will prompt me to narrow down my materials a bit. I'm planning to paint the drawers black, or refinish them somehow. 

 

These photos provide absolutely no sense of scale. Don't worry! In due time. After I put in a bit of work. I'm looking forward to it. New drawers, new studio! I also found a couple little things. An odd little plaque for a friend of mine, an oval frame, and The Language of Flowers

Later, at Value Village, I found a glittery skirt (far too big, but with the sequins, it made me think of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I'm going to make it fit me, and maybe make a cool bustle). I also found a velvet dress that I'm going to use for photo shoots for Grimm Fabrications. 


Also, in the mail, I received my Etsy order from Magic Circle. I love that shop. So many amazing things, and so many of them (especially the pastel goth and Nu goth type things) are things that I would love to own. Definitely check out the shop! I purchased the space wolf holographic sticker (one for myself and my friend), and the Magical Girl sticker. Gloriousness! 

And finally, day two of January Cure. I bought fresh flowers (just from Safeway), and put them in the closest thing that I had to a vase. A mason jar! Mason jars can do no wrong. 


I believe that they're Alstroemeria, but I could be wrong. I honestly can't remember, but I tried to match the flowers using the internet, and Alstromeria seems close. They're pretty, and it definitely provides a good feeling. I'm really excited for the January Cure. I think it's going to be a good project, and I think it'll make me more productive. At least... I can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment