Sunday 26 January 2014

Day 66: Haxan


Today I made a sample/trial shirt. The shirts have been sewn for a while, but I wanted to do something with them. Today I was a bit inspired by the film Häxan (check out my other blog that discusses it). In the above photo, you can see it paired with the Arcane kimono.

I made a stencil out of paper, and blotted it with fabric paint. 



The blotted pattern has a certain Rorschach inkblot charm to it. Also it kind of looks like it's been burned, which is cool.

However, I am more fond of the sharpness of the initial stencil, and how the text looks. I'm thinking that I'll do another version of it, which I will silkscreen. I'm quite pleased with how arcane and occult-ish it looks.


Also, I finished the infinity scarf commission for my friend. I hope she likes it!

That's about it. Now I'm going to make some tortellini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment