Friday 1 March 2013

Day 117: The Cowardly Lion


I decided that it was high time that I made a Cowardly Lion hood. I've been planning to for a while, because I absolutely adore the Cowardly Lion. In general, The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite modern fairy tales (and one of my favourite movies). From the movie, the Cowardly Lion is my favourite character. His frightened mantra of "I do believe in spooks! I do, I do, I do believe in spooks!" sticks with me, and I know most of his King of the Forest song by heart. In the book, the Tin Man's back story is my favourite (a devastatingly gorey and steampunk-ish tale, that is hauntingly beautiful). Still, a Tin Man isn't terribly suited to make a fur hood out of. And thus... Our fearful furry friend has been turned into a hood!
Oh my... That sounds morbid. His spirit has been transferred into a hood? Hurm. There's no good way of saying this. Maybe I'm too tired and that combined with watching the Gene Wilder Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is making me slightly morbid. Who knows!

Any ways... Ta-da! This lion hood is based off of the movie, book, and my own imaginings. It has a thick reddish mane, with less furry reddish ears, and a crown! I am intending to add a red bow to the head, as what would the Lion be without his permanent? I kind of wish that the mane was more lion-like, and that the hood was more lion-like in general, but trial and error. I don't know if I'll keep it or part with it. I'm not really attached to any hoods that I make... but this one was one that I just really wanted to make. 

Now, to clean off my work space (a.k.a. bed) and curl up with a sketchbook and the last bit of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. After all... The suspense is terrible.

I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment