Friday 15 March 2013

Day 131: Tim Burton Inspired


I'm a fan of Tim Burton films. I like the gothic whimsy feel that is in all his films (both animated and not). A few days ago my fiancee and I re-watched Tim Burton's Mars Attacks! and Beetlejuice (one of my favourite movies of all time). Seeing the character of Lydia Deetz again inspired me to want to dress like a Tim Burton character (and be veeerry gothic). Lydia Deetz is kind of my hero ("I myself, am strange and unusual"). Today I compiled an outfit inspired by her. It would have been better if it wasn't cold again (seriously- one day of plus twelve weather immediately followed by snow and cold. Not fair. Albeit, it was sunny and wasn't minus twenty. Thankfully), but I made it work with my bulky pea coat. Stripes and black all around. Plus my weird sunglasses, and for a while I was wearing my fangs (just because. I've worn them for three days now). Also, I learned that I love teasing my hair to make it into a mess. Even though it's hard to tell in the photos.


Really, I don't think there's a better way to dress when going to a thrift store. I'm kind of challenging myself to go all Burton-esque for a few days. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment