Tuesday 26 March 2013

Day 142: Arabella Black

  

I have this character that I created a while ago. While sitting in art history, I was thinking about this dream that I had. I wrote and drew things centered around this character. I will enter the text below (for images in clockwise order, starting in top left corner).

Miss Arabella Black and the Rat King
Arabella looked down, and saw her dress stained with spots of blood. Lifting the fabric, she saw small bites. Black beetles scurried across her flesh. One of the insects was half-burrowed inside the skin. She gently pulled, and the insect came out, pulling a collection of leeches, ugly black bugs, and slipping black goo. It almost looked like dark blood, thick and gruesome. 

Quite quickly, Arabella was accepted by the Rat King, and named their queen. Within a brief time she became covered in scratches and bites, a result of the rats exploring their new subject. 

Arabella was often concerned that she once had a conjoined twin, who was now haunting her. There is no proof, but she continues a certain amount of suspecting that the freckle on her side is fact a curious scar.
What else could explain such pain and misfortune?

Arabella found herself in a dark place. She accepted her impending doom, and continued on, marched ever forwards towards her downfall.

If Arabella black fell down the rabbit hole, it wouldn't at all be a wonderland. 

Today was an odd day. I almost got hit by a car (I'm still fuming about that- it was in a parking lot). Later I had a very, very, minor allergic reaction to a steamed chicken bun that for some reason had shrimp in it. Fortunately I realized before I ate all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment